Communities > Forums

Image Copyright SBMLM

In reply to: OUR BROMELIADS INTO 2015..

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of  OUR BROMELIADS INTO 2015..
SBMLM wrote:
Hi to everybody,

Well its back to normal after the Christmas break, easing back into the work slowly.

Been humid here for the last week without a heap of rain, supposed to get a bit in the coming days.

Thanks Jean for doing this thread, what is the maroon plant with a white centre? Pic 3 of your first reply.

Colleen, the real Christmas trees are great but we always seemed to get an extra couple of massive spiders stay on in the house after it was all over and done.

Teresa, N.Z. sounds perfect for your 'in-laws', they need someone to help as they get older.

Nev, sounds like you are back into the swing of things with your gardens.
The plant Neo. Burnsie's Spiral looks a bit fragile and like it would burn easy, but as the pics in the your link shows, it can colour up nicely. I will hang the one i have up under the shade cloth to try out.
All the pics in your last post have amazing colours, especially 3 + 5.
I have a Neo. Rose Blush from your friend John that looks more like the picture in the BCR.

Anyway, hi to Trish and everybody else.

Pic 1......Neo. 'Burnsie's Spiral
Pic 2......Neo 'Rose Blush'
Pic 3......Al. 'Devine Plum', growing nicely but is probably one plant i don't want to flower.
Pic 4......Orthophytum 'Warren Loose',flowers and then the plant stem(?) continues to grow as in the picture (is this unusual).
Pic 5......You are right Nev, dogs always find the coolest place in the heat.

Brian