Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - September 2014, 5 by splinter1804

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright splinter1804

In reply to: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - September 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - September 2014
splinter1804 wrote:
Hi everyone - Well today's the day - Day 1 of our show. We had been worried about the possibility of being short on entries but when I left at 4.00pm yesterday the tables were almost full already and it was starting to look like we may need more tables as there were still more entries expected last night and up until 8.30 this morning, so it looks like it's all coming together nicely.

Jean - It's great to hear from you again and to know you are finally starting to get on top of things with your move to a new location.

It's perfectly understandable that you miss "hubby" as he was a very big part of your life, and we all know that the more you love someone the longer you miss them, I know that I still very much miss Mum and Dad and they left me years ago; but I still get a nice warm feeling when I think of them as they still seem to be with me and very much still a part of my life. Time will heal, but it will never erase the happy memories, they will be there forever, and hubby's final resting place sounds so beautiful and relaxing and sounds like a wonderful place to sit with him and remember the good times.

Best to get a bit of shade cloth up sooner rather than later; don't be like me and keep putting things of until before you know it summer is upon you and plants are getting cooked from the hot afternoon sun.

A lady I know in our Brom Society has part of her shade house facing west and as protection against the hot summer afternoon sun, she has fitted drop down roller shade cloth blinds. She is in her garden every day and it has become a summer routine for her to just drop the blinds as the sun moved over to the west in the summer afternoons, so probably something worth considering in the long term.

Anyway I have to go as I have a busy day ahead, please drop in as much as you can Jean, it's always nice to hear from you again and how you're settling in to your new abode.

I'll just finish with a few pic's of some of the early entries in our show, Pic.1 Ae recurvata (L) Ae. Nivea (R) Pic.2 Neo. 'Paper Tiger', Pic.3 A beautiful example of Ae .'Aztec Gold', Pic.4 Neo. Neo. 'Blushing Tiger' and Pic.5 Neo. 'Dinkum' (Mini)

All the best, Nev.

This message was edited Sep 14, 2014 1:14 PM