Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - September 2014, 5 by bromishy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bromishy

In reply to: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - September 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - September 2014
bromishy wrote:
Hi Everyone!

We took today nice and easy and I even had a nanna nap early arvo because I felt like my body needed it then after that I potted up a few more broms (about 25) and then just on dusk we went and hand watered our herb garden with cups of tea in hand.

Tomorrow we are back at work so hopefully I make it through the day without falling asleep at my desk as I find I struggle most in the arvo's where I feel like I need a bit of a sleep.

Hi Nev thanks we are both on the mend slowly but surely and my blood pressure was down a bit today so I felt better in myself as I suffered less light headedness / dizzy spells. Thanks that's sensible advice in relation to your topic "Hard Work Never Killed Anyone". It surly can kill you or can make you very sick if you work big hours and everyone deals with stress very differently and the body reacts in many different ways so it can really knock you around. I have had pneumonia twice in my life once when I was a kid and once during adulthood and my body has never been the same since unfortunately so I get sick very easily and it takes me a lot longer to shake things off and I think that stresses me out a fair bit especially if I am already feeling run down before getting sick.

Anyway the week off I had at least gave me time to rest up a bit and hopefully this week at work is kind to me and I will just have to try and take it easy.

Nev - Oranges I must eat more of them but of late we have been buying Mandarine's, this week I will go and buy some oranges and start eating one a day as makes perfect sense how good they are for our bodies.

Nev pleased to hear you liked the look of how all the seedlings are doing, I still have 4 x more trays to repot which I will tackle next weekend now. That must be a DG glitch the way my pictures loaded as that's not how I took and saved them on our laptop.

Nev lovely pics you posted on 6/8, I just put my Neo. 'Bevvie Bee' in the igloo as I only have the one mother plant with two new pups on it and I wanted to protect it from the sun where I have it at the moment as we just recently cut back the lemon tree so the area where it was is more exposed to the sun now and I thought it might get burnt. I luv the glossy leaves on your Pic. 4 of Neo. Orange Glow', would you mind please putting my name down on the Wish List for a pup when you have one spare down the track thanks.

Hi Teresa feeling a little better thanks but back at work tomorrow so will see how that goes. How's that ankle of yours going, hope you are walking better on it now. That's very nice the table setup they did for Leigh and good that people got the opportunity to write messages for her family.

Time to see what pics to attach and possibly they will load upside down or sideways knowing my luck?

Take Care & Happy Gardening!

Trish

Pic 1 & 2 - Neo's in the "Igloo"
Pic 3 - Neo. 'Mitchii'
Pic 4 - Neo. 'Sam Smith
Pic 5 - Nev's beautiful seedling of Neo. 'Dunmore Ruby'