Mid-South Gardening: Spooky Oct. is here!!!, 5 by cperdue

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright cperdue

In reply to: Spooky Oct. is here!!!

Forum: Mid-South Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Spooky Oct. is here!!!
cperdue wrote:
Elaine that's what I've been doing - adding to types I already have. It's hard to not buy any plants!!! I've finally hit upon a mix I like and that grows well in my yard.

Will say a prayer for Earl! Yes men are always sicker than women!

I took my next door neighbors and Richard to Heber Springs today and I'm pooped! We had a nice day and ate at a nice little restaurant on the Little Red River and were able to sit outside and enjoy the beautiful weather!!

Here are a few things blooming right now. The first is what I'm talking about my vines taking over!! This is a passion vine that is planted in a very large pot. It was not supposed to live over the winter. I didn't take it in because I decided I really didn't want it in the pot!!! I also have a pipevine (3rd picture) in the same pot and that's what I wanted to grow! Not only did the passion vine live it's taking over! I've cut it back several times this summer. It's now growing over my roses. It's loaded with buds so I decided to leave it for a few weeks. The 4th is a toad lily and the last is firespike. Part of the firespike is planted in the ground and part in a pot I take in for the winter. It's chancy on living over the winter outside so I try to take some in so if it doesn't come back I have a back up!