Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Central Midwest Gardening: October 2013 Shorter Days & Longer Nights, 5 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: October 2013 Shorter Days & Longer Nights

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of October 2013  Shorter Days & Longer Nights
shortleaf wrote:
Here is that Arundinaria Gigantea (native, Canebrake Bamboo) that greenbrain (Betty) sent me.
It appears to be looking alive down under the soil, nothing yet above the soil line. I'll link to it also so you can see it bigger. - http://home.comcast.net/~metalglove/pwpimages/100_2744.JPG
There's the Nanking Cherry cutting that green sent me also. It doesn't look as good, it shows no life, but it DOES have a Mimosa volunteer in it, anybody want it? The pot next to it out of the photo (left) also has a Mimosa volunteer in it, anybody want it? I can bring them to a Spring Roundup, no problem if anybody does, or I can mail them before that, no thing.

Can I interest anyone in a cactus from cuttings, Prickly-Pear is one and Chainlink Cholla is the other, they both poke good. -

How about striped Wondering Jews from cuttings I can start? - It's the purple one, it's a biggun'

Anybody want a Spiderplant baby? - The mother plant is huge and some babies on it have roots on the order of about an inch long. - Some of the babies themselves are like full grown plants about a foot long.
Will