Morning Glories: Morning Glories 2013 #06, 5 by joeswife

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright joeswife

In reply to: Morning Glories 2013 #06

Forum: Morning Glories

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Morning Glories 2013 #06
joeswife wrote:
some of mine grow long vines and never bloom until late, some bloom before they get the first ft of vine, some get multi stems when they get broken, some get snipped on purpose, you never can get an exact answer for how they bloom or when, it is just the morning glory way.. I snip my long viners at the top 6 inches when they are climbing up in a swirl..
I have two whites opened, and a white mg bush, and a lav mg bush.. I have had this vine for two years, this is the first thing to bloom this spring. pale pale yellow with burgandy throat, weird five finger leave, different from my other tropical glorys..
this lobata and helenas mix has been vining for over a month, i have not snipped at it yet, I do a lot of twining instead..
I love the new blue star blizzard,Helena, it is beautiful.. I have a pink that dany sent, it is really unusual, but the rain keeps melting it..
the messina creeper, setosa, lav moon vines, and moonflowers are all over the fence to the north.. and in the sunflower tomatoe patch.. the i nils from everyone are just now starting to climb the poles here..