Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Central Midwest Gardening: March 2013 Marching into Spring while flying a kite!, 5 by greenbrain

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright greenbrain

In reply to: March 2013 Marching into Spring while flying a kite!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of March 2013  Marching into Spring while flying a kite!
greenbrain wrote:
The tulip pic is from a few years ago. Did you notice the catnip? It keeps reseeding in my yard, so I move it where I want it. The reason that bed has survived the digging dogs& cats is the layer of chicken wire that covers this bed under the pine needle mulch. I guess that it also discourages the squirrels from digging up the bulbs. I realized yesterday that my tulip bed on the front lawn is blooming for the 18th Spring. My friends from a previous job gave me as a going away present a basket of bulb planting tools & tulip bulbs that I planted Fall 1995. The gift that keeps on giving! The photo of tulips is actually my rose garden. The roses were just getting started. They're pretty well established now. Since then, I've add irises. I need to relocate some of my daffodils in this bed. They're blooming now. This will give me bulb blooms from March thru May.

Just accidently ran across these pics from the Santa Parade taken a few years ago. I took almost 100 pics that day. Here's a few fun ones. The large shopping cart, Fred Bird, Chloe grabbing the candy, a friendly clown waving to Chloe, & finally -- Santa Claus!

Enjoy your day everyone! Happy gardening. : )