Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Central Midwest Gardening: January-Covered in snow finally!!!, 5 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: January-Covered in snow finally!!!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of January-Covered in snow finally!!!
shortleaf wrote:
If you find one Ms. Jones, I will trade for one too! I'd love to have that plant.

That's some reading there! I fancy myself Backyard Living by Time-Life!

I got a closer look at my Plumosa Fern, it does indeed have thorns. I always thought those were just the joints or nodes but not thorns. They aren't like a Rose Bush or something with some serious and intimidating thorns, these are kinda unnoticeable unless your looking for them. I doubt if they'd even poke you if you stuck your hand in the plant's middle, but I'm not going to try it to find out!
Here they are if you can see them. - The first 3 are the Plumosa Fern, that purple is my striped Wondering Jew in the third photo.

Boy, pepper, those Mezoo cuttings you sent me have really done well, they are going to make beautiful plants this Spring and Summer, I have 4 of them. - I bet they really put on some serious growth this Spring/Summer!

Now this last photo is your big boy Asparagas Fern! - Well.. it's getting big, it was tiny!
Will