Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Swapping & Chatting Ric & Holly's Swap, 5 by Gitagal

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gitagal

In reply to: Swapping & Chatting Ric & Holly's Swap

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Swapping & Chatting Ric & Holly's Swap
Gitagal wrote:
David--
Thank you! Sally already said that a clay pot would not be good. I agree....

I just brought home a 5 gal., black, plastic, Nursery pot from HD. When they throw
plants out--I try to get some of the pots. If I am there--if not, no go.

One thing, David, in case you have never dug one of the Aconites up--they have quite shallow root systems.
They actually make these round root-bulbs--much like the seed Dahlias would have.
You can dig one up with just a hand trowel.
When I dig mine up--I will take a picture. And--it won't hurt if I soak them in some fungicide--will it?

I am VERY happy how these divisions I potted up are growing. Really, really well.

No one has asked me for my Tiger Lily starts. They are also growing very well. Almost 5" tall now.
These are from "seed" (bulbils) and are 2 to 3 years old.

My co-worker, Susan, ends up with a lot of my small starts--as I do not have any extra places to plant them.

#1 and #2--Here is a picture of the Tiger Lilies right now--and (#2) when they are in bloom.

#3--The Aconite sections growing well....they are under my old Burning Bush. Getting some AM sun.

#4--The front of my house---Development lot--65'x100'. Everything I have is on this little piece of land.
I have beds all along every structure and boundary. No free-flowing beds anywhere....the 70's--you know.....
#5--Looking from my patio towards the end of my property--where the raised bed is. My shed is just to the left where there
is another bed--the one where i dug out the Aconites.

Picture #4 will give you the idea of the left side--as you can see my shed. Not too far to the left of picture #5.
The bed on the left side is already my neighbors. The Shrub at the end of my driveway is the
Wintersweet Shrub in summer garb.