Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - September 2014, 4 by works4me

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - September 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - September 2014
works4me wrote:
Hi everyone,

It’s Spring at last ... so pleased to see the end of Winter. I know I will be complaining about the heat in a few months but I hate the cold.

We spent most of the day pruning (actually more like decimating) the larger shrubs in the garden … those that have grown to 3 metres high that were meant to grow to a maximum of one metre. Still lots more to be done, much of the garden is looking pretty sad as it was a very long time between waterings. Everything looks so much better since the rain and starting to get new shoots.

Nev, no doubt you enjoyed your family get together. I have Ninja and Strawberry on your wish list already, hopefully as it warms up there’ll be lots of pups to share. Nice pics of your broms for sale.

Trish, hope yours and Joe’s colds are getting better. Neo Ninja is one of my favourite neos as well and yes, lots of vriesea pups to come but they are slow to grow and take such a long time to replace their lovely mum.

Brian, great to hear from you again. Neo Old Love Letters is another favourite of mine. I’ll post a pic of a more mature one for you. Can’t help you with an ID on your pic 4 but pic 5 looks like neo Domino … guru Nev will know what they are.

Pic 1 – Neo Pink Star
Pic 2 – Neo Gladiator
Pic 3 – Neo Dyn-o-mite
Pic 4 – Neo Old Love Letters
Pic 5 – Neo Fire & Ice

Bye for now, Shirley