Florida Gardening: Plants blooming today, 4 by DavidofDeLand

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DavidofDeLand

In reply to: Plants blooming today

Forum: Florida Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Plants blooming today
DavidofDeLand wrote:
I loved the pics tlm1. The red sage that GG identified was my favorite because my friend Pat here,... has a huge patch of it and has shared it with me. We both knew it was an herb yet had not identified it. Its winning point for me was knowing it went right through the freezes in Pat's gardens. That made it extra special to me!
I am still thinking what a great thread this is that Bonnie started sharing Florida blooms. I think its is a keeper thread,... and hoping for many more editions as time goes by. Its special and has huge educational potential.
You are far from loco Luna with your great pics! The lizard stole the show! Every color Anole type lizard imaginable (and with every hybrid coloring including true green) seems to be habitating in my gardens, and have I no doubts keep my bug problems down. The ones with the Rattlesnake coloring; small spines on their back, and red heads are especially interesting to me...

These are flowers from here today. I know I've shared the H. schizopetalus before as a first bloom, but this is the 2nd and wasn't fried by the Sun...

...The Daylily is neither the prettiest or one of my favorites. This was its first bloom today however, and was given to me by a friend several years ago. I now have a sizeable clump. The upside is that the flowers are large and interesting and came from a friend...

David