Communities > Forums

Image Copyright SingingWolf

In reply to: Spring Round Up, 2013

Forum: California Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Spring Round Up, 2013
SingingWolf wrote:
Hey Homedomedee,
That's quite a selection of plants you have there. I'm going through my garden and cleaning everything up. I was really pleased today to go into the gh and find one of the lantana, I got rooted has bloomed. I hope to be able to post photos tomorrow. I have 10 of them in small pots that are earmarked for the RU, so if you'd like one speak up and I'll put your name on it.
I need to transplant my pretty rock purslane, and found it has some gorgeous pink blooms. I will post a photo to show you. I have several starts rooting right now in water and will have 10 of these earmarked for the RU. If you like succulents, you'll like this plant. : - )
That's all I have right now. I know that I have a lot more stuff, but I'm having a foggy headed day, and can't remember more right now.
I had some Agave tequiliana that had pups, the mother died, and someone took off with all the pups before I could get mine transplanted. I would really like one, please.
I like every geranium I ever met, except for the red one that wouldn't die. I gave up and replanted it in front of the cabin. Do you have any pink geranium? I like purple too.
What is red indian shot? I am looking to replace a pink canna that died last summer.
ES told me today that he killed the last corkscrew willow cuttings I got from a fellow DG'er. I would like a couple of those please.
The rooted spineless opuntia sounds interesting. I think I still have several tortoises running around the place. They've been dormant over the winter, so I may see them sometime soon.
What are fortnight lillies?
You have some really neat plants. I think I saw a photo of your little home nursery. It looked incredibly organized, and very full. : - )
Say, would you be interested in a 10 gal Banana plant? I had to thin my bananas in the GH, and this one came up by mistake so I potted it. It has survived the winter, and being mangled, and I saw today that it has some new growth coming on. I also grow pineapple, but don't think I have enough pups to share this year. They are easy to grow from the tops of the pineapple fruit though.
Okay, that's all that I can think of for now. I'll be back tomorrow to post photos.
WIB~
SW