Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: February 2013 - Spring is next month!!, 4 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: February 2013 - Spring is next month!!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of February 2013 - Spring is next month!!
shortleaf wrote:
The snowfall amounts around the metro really vary, I believe they said some cities East of here got twice as much as places closer in to Kansas City. It's too bad, people with gravel roads in more rural areas might have more snow and difficulty with getting around. I once had a 3/4 ton pickup, they are a little bigger on everything, they even sit higher up.
The snow plow is good on the street here, but of course it makes a big pile right at the driveway. If we didn't have an suv with 4 wheel drive we wouldn't be able to get out! I've already been shoveling there though, I just throw it back out in the street! lol I'm sure it looks funny, but that's where it came from!
Does anybody know what kind of bird this one is? It flies like a woodpecker, but I don't recognize it. -
Here's a fat Cardinal! -
A male and a female Cardinal getting some food. -
The sparrows like this Leyland Cypress 'Goldtip' or something like that. - It's the evergreen in the last photo in my post above.
This was a good squirrel for a while, it was eating birdseed that fell on the ground from birds kicking it down from a feeder up above. But a little later the squirrel was sitting up there hogging the birdseed!