Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Central Midwest Gardening: August 2014....Last of summer start of harvest, 3 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: August 2014....Last of summer start of harvest

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of August 2014....Last of summer start of harvest
shortleaf wrote:
Thanks GL, I think that flowerbed is full, I don't think I should overdo it and plant too much in there, they might get all crowded up someday.

I made a bunch of variegated Creeping Charlie cuttings today. It has really grown fast in the 3 months that I've had it. It was a $3 little plant when I bought it, now it touches the floor with several "creepers"! It such a neat plant, I can't say enuff good things about it! Let's see, it's variegated, it's hardy to minus 40 F.... Somebody please tell me it isn't just a variegated Gill-Over-The-Ground! I was just now reading some about it in Plantfiles, oh I can't believe it! Man, that stuff is all over the yard! Well, I'd rather have this stuff than those nasty green ones I guess. Oh well, this looks like it's really something so I'm keeping it. That Willow cutting there in that bowl of water is a cutting of Dappled Willow that a certain store was good enuff to donate to me about a week ago. There is some Purple Coneflower flowerheads ready for planting (in the black pot), dried flower/seedheads and all. That green pot has 'Powwow' flowers/seeds in it but I don't think they'll come up white if they come up, we'll see. Btw, I know those Creeping Charlie cuttings look upside down, which wouldn't be right. But remember they were vines hanging downward to begin with. I had to stop for a minute and think about that about 3 times when I was planting them! lol
Now, just watch, I did them all wrong and none will take! If it weren't for the half empty jar there'd be no jar! And I need that jar to put cuttings in water!