Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Tropicals & Tender Perennials: Winter time for the Brugs, 3 by Gourd

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gourd

In reply to: Winter time for the Brugs

Forum: Tropicals & Tender Perennials

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Winter time for the Brugs
Gourd wrote:
Hi guys,mi just got back, we had another day of buying paints, lights, and another toilet for the third bathroom.. Been gone since 10:00 AM...

Charlene, I did water the ones in the ground a lot.. That's probably why they keep dying. When do you stop watering altogether. Mine are all still outdoors, the knees on pots and the one I left in the ground . I am hoping some of the work gets done before the first frost, in mid November I think. I wrapped lots of blankets in a circle all around all the potted plants until then.

I'm looking forward to spring too. I'll keep a watch on what you guys do and when we need to first fertilize. I think once I get the hang of it, I can keep these alive.

I started a lot of cuttings last year of all mine, but only one or two cuttings of each made it through the winter so I'm worried regarding all my trades. Mi thank you both for sending me some rooted ones, otherwise I don't see roots yet, some have leaves starting and a couple have quite a few leaves. The rooted ones look good, I think they would do better outside but it's too much of a workload for me to take them out each day with the crew that's here. It seems they are everywhere, inside and outside.