Photo by Melody

Florida Gardening: Plants blooming today (Continued), 3 by RetiredFlorida

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright RetiredFlorida

In reply to: Plants blooming today (Continued)

Forum: Florida Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Plants blooming today (Continued)
RetiredFlorida wrote:
I've got a couple of dwarf firebush that are red to yellow on the bloom and see relatively few critter visit them? Locoluna, wow you inherited those plants, so lucky. Crape Myrtles have been blooming here for a couple of weeks, can't say what is normal I don't grow one. Sorry Locoluna, I'm afraid once it goes it doesn't come back. Mine was real healthy but got too much sun before establish good roots and faded quickly, before I could save it. My new plant is in shade for most of the day, not letting that happen again, LOL.

I notice a bunch of buds on my passiflora amethyst just the other day and knew I'd be getting my first blooms from this plant. Went out a short time ago to find my first bloom was x2! Love the looks of this plant. My passiflora Lady Margaret bloomed again. What a hardy plant, it has been attacked by gulf fritillary almost non stop and still puts out new growth and blooms.

First two photos of passiflora amethyst aka Lavender Lady and the 3rd is passiflora Lady Margaret.
Darren

This message was edited Jun 19, 2013 9:10 PM