Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Central Midwest Gardening: February 2013 - Spring is next month!!, 3 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: February 2013 - Spring is next month!!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of February 2013 - Spring is next month!!
shortleaf wrote:
Boy, is it and has it ever came down! Yeah, it's probably more than 9 inches here now, it's still snowing. It'd be hard to be sure of the amount by just doing the ruler thing and sticking it in the snow here, because it is gusting hard all the time. I went out there when I got up and got some birdfeeders going. We couldn't take the sight of the birds going to a feeder that I put seed in a couple of days ago but now it's covered up with snow! I put 2 covered feeders out there and hung them on a hook on the eave where a plant hangs when it's warmer. This is the feeder out in the yard, with birdseed in it now. - Here is the one on the tree with seed in it now and here is 2 of our 3 vehicles in the driveway. I pull mine in the driveway when it snows so the snowplow gets that spot, and I don't want my car buried! lol The snow was so high when I went out the first time it was going in my socks so I got my cat puked on galoshes out which work better in the deep snow! I see now that it appears to have stopped snowing or really lightened up on it, from my computer chair.

Me doing other people's work?! I don't know about that, I've never really been one to do that. I'm nice but I don't know if I'm that nice! I don't want to get that started and be known as a pushover! lol Yesterday, the lady said there's still 24 positions still open, she just said she'd put me down as still interested. Who knows, I could be wearing an orange apron yet! I was talking to a lady in lawn and garden there last year, where I recently applied and she was filling up her car with plants then to take to another Home Depot further East, because they were low or something like that, and she said she might transfer to it. She probably did transfer to it, I haven't seen her since at this one, nice lady though. There is several Home Depots around here.
I wouldn't startle Pepper like that! lol