Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Central Midwest Gardening: Sept. - 2012, it's time for Fall, and changing colors o, 3 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: Sept. - 2012, it's time for Fall, and changing colors o

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Sept. - 2012, it's time for Fall, and changing colors o
shortleaf wrote:
Yeah, it's kinda late for painting here too but better late than wait sometimes, and it is still fairly warm during the daytime. Oh, I'm just kidding, we don't get in any big fights, we've been friends for many, many years. And besides, she knows that I have squatter's rights now, I tell her that pretty regularly! We are great friends.

Glad to hear your tank is empty, most plants can't swim! A cucumber trellis eh? I made one out of an old rusted fence piece (but thick, heavy-duty metal), I put a blown out garden hose that I cut up the length with tin-snips, on the edges of it and secured it with 25 lb. test Zebco fishing line! I am going to put it at the base of the chimney here for many cuttings of English Ivy to climb up. I want this trellis because the foundation is about 3 feet before the brick part that the chimney is made of, I'm pretty sure the Ivy can climb up the brick with no problem but the painted cinder-block foundation part is a bit slicker.

Is that Panda Bamboo running or clumping? You can see a little of my P. Bisettii behind the Wandering Jew, they are in kitty litter jugs.

Anybody want some of my glorious striped purple Wandering Jew?! I got a photo of my big plant of it, you'll wish you had a nice one like this! Actually, this is the best time of the year for it. I think it would love to have the weather like it is right now (maybe a little warmer, not much), all the time, with water of course. Here's that photo! Isn't it just a beautiful plant?!

That SpiderPlant baby is on it's way to Indiana as we speak.
Here is some of my houseplants outside, with the Mezoo from pepper bringing up the end. -
Will