Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - September 2014, 2 by SBMLM

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright SBMLM

In reply to: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - September 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - September 2014
SBMLM wrote:
Hello All,

Nev, thanks for the info on the fertilising and the mealy bug.

I am just sort of trying a few of the tips you gave in the last thread, but whenever I repot a Bromeliad I tend to just use some Orchid mix and pine bark. Whether this is right or wrong i don't know ( doesn't kill them at least ). The last one I put the indoor potted slow release granules.

Sounds like a good idea to inspect and repot them.

The Neo Compacta picture you have put on is unbelievable. We have a ficus type plant in a pot out the front of our place that the previous people tried to remove, but the roots had gone through into the ground and when they moved it it snapped off. I will wait for some pups off the plant i have and put them in with the ficus and by the look of it i would say it will cover fairly well.

My parents had a friend who was right into bromeliads apparently I don't know if you knew of him Nev as he was from Sydney, his name, I think, was Dick Jameison(?). I think he passed away a few years ago.

Anyhow 'the boss' is starting to pot some tomatoes she bought at the hardware, so i better go and rescue them, otherwise we will be buying them all summer.

I will upload a couple of pics of mixed plants. Pics 4 + 5 Neo Rosy Morn went from a nice salmon colour to Pic 5 in about 2 mths undercover

Brian