Lilies: 2014 lilies, 2 by DonnaMack

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DonnaMack

In reply to: 2014 lilies

Forum: Lilies

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of 2014 lilies
DonnaMack wrote:
Ha ha! Neighbor's house! My neighbor had a huge grey house that was a sensational backdrop to my garden. She also had a huge white arbor. Fabulous framing for my white and pink roses. Made for great photography. My house was barn red, and they were trying to build what they stated was the biggest house in my community. Happily it was on an angle to mine, angled to the back, while mine was flush to the front. I love that they used that color. It went with color that I loved.

Here was my sweet little house from the Village Green through the maples in front of the house on the parkway. Hers would be to the left if you could see it, with a LOT of yard in between, on which I put a billion plants. Because the house wasn't absorbing the lot and, in fact, had a ten foot easement on the other side, giving me one of the biggest planting zones in the community with only a 2,000 square foot house.

And once I packed the yard between our homes with crabapples and viburnums and smokebushes, great privacy. Much better than a fence. Essentially impenetrable, easy to maintain and fun! Had to do it, because despite the fact that their house was huge and packed with stuff, she didn't have window coverings for three years, and they would sit in their dining room and stare into our sunroom at us!