Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 126, 2 by dalfyre

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright dalfyre

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 126

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 126
dalfyre wrote:
lol - Anthony, haven't been to a footy match in a couple of years - and when I do it would be Union, Crusaders are my home team.
Wouldn't mind seeing an All Black's test but tickets are a bit spendy for me.

Al - I have never attempted to count my dallies spots - Sugar is a very spotty girl, it would take forever.

When we take her to the dog park we usually hear the children exclaim 'look, a Dalmatian'...
the spotty dogs seem to fascinate even babies.
Our Grandson Lewis just kept laughing every time he looked at her.
Nothing sounds better than a 5 month old baby chortling away :)

I have been feeling unwell lately and slept most of yesterday - first time I have missed ANZAC Day in a long tome.
We took Sugar to the dog park in the afternoon & the fresh air did make me feel better.
Sunshine again today so once it warms up I should try & hit the garden again, so many weeds to pull & plants to tidy up.

On the job front things are looking up.
The Commercial Manager was looking at making me redundant & offereing me a part time contract.
Well last week we had the news that he is no longer in charge of the shops, a Retail Manager has been hired to do that job.
The best thing is that she is experienced in retail having spent time with Icebreaker from when they started out.

Hazel came down to meet us & check out the shop, we expected her to be bringing my new contract - seemed logical to give her the task of making me redundant as she has no personal involvement & could keep it all professional.
Well she knew nothing about it!
In fact she was horrified when we explained how things had been playing out & is going to look into it.

So for now my job isn't going anywhere & if Hazel implements some of her plans it will be even more secure as she is being paid by our parent company so our wages bill just came down by $1000.00 per week! (what we were contributing to the Commercial Manager's salary)

Some photos of the dogs...
Copper - he had the least amount of spots
Copper with his Rally-O ribbon when he gained his Rally Novice title
my first Dalmatian, Tyson snuggled up with my first dog - Haski.
Haski in full flight, he was a beautiful dog, hard to believe someone abandoned him as a pup.