Mid-South Gardening: Spooky Oct. is here!!!, 2 by slcdms

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright slcdms

In reply to: Spooky Oct. is here!!!

Forum: Mid-South Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Spooky Oct. is here!!!
slcdms wrote:
Looks like another great house that Coke built ! I was so tired yesterday, I thought you were saying someone lived in the house in Mobile.

The tour guide talked about the couple a lot. She said in the depression years Mrs. Bellingrath would hear of a family in the area that was in real trouble. She would have her driver take her there and she would walk up to the door, introduce herself and proceed to tell them she had driven by their home several times and had wished she could have that wonderful azelias bush for the gardens. Then she would offer them 500.00 for it. They said they still had visitors that would come and ask if they knew where the azela was planted that Mrs. Bellingrath had bought from their ancestors. She wanted to help them, but not to make them feel as though they were taking charity.
For any that didn't see on FB-this is my dignified nephew-Dr Thomas Rowell---LOL ! He was Ko Ko the high executioner in the Mikado. See what a good education will get you--LOL ! I told some of his friends there that I was really disappointed, I though Tommy was going to act, he just acted like he has his whole life, nothing new to me. It was very funny, when the Mikado finally made an appearance about 3/4 of the way through, he was Elvis-red rhinestone costume, the works! The audience went wild when he came on stage.