Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: Photos from around the yards of some family & mine too, 2 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: Photos from around the yards of some family & mine too

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Photos from around the yards of some family & mine too
shortleaf wrote:
Here is my newly repotted Banana 'basjoo' surrounded by the regular green Liriope grass. - 1st pic. Here is my Aldi ($12.99) Japanese Maple 'Bloodgood' doing fine in a bigger pot. - 2nd pic. Did I mention that it cost $12.99? ..lol Here is that Ponderosa Pine, in the background is the pedestal for the Elephant Ear birdbath that didn't work out. 3rd pic. That's my shade garden in the background of that pic.
These plants, including my variegated Rubber Tree are in full shade and doing quite well. 4th pic - I learned something about that. About 3 years ago, I was wondering why the leaves on that were scorching, now I am sure why, they were in direct sunlight much of the day. I think there must be a big difference between being in full shade where it's noticeably shady and in full shade of an outside spot, only no direct sunlight. There must be alot of ambient light in spots where there still isn't direct sun but it's still a well-lit daytime area outside. Some of my plants aren't full shade plants, unlike Hostas for instance they can do fine in full shade, they do just fine like this Rubber Tree in "shade".

I cut 6 babies off this Spiderplant today and mailed them to a friend in Tennessee. last pic

This message was edited Aug 5, 2013 11:41 PM