Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Central Midwest Gardening: March 2013 Marching into Spring while flying a kite!, 2 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: March 2013 Marching into Spring while flying a kite!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of March 2013  Marching into Spring while flying a kite!
shortleaf wrote:
Yeah, after I did that I realized the trees were green! I got that from bing images I think..lol - It was bad I know! I shoulda also put the fallen bridge on the other side with the current!
After I did that I was thinking, "what a lame thing to do, that's not going to fool anybody!"! I just can't get over the pic of your white plastic Dove looking right in the camera with it's eyeballs and everything and I thought it was real! I don't understand though, why is the bridge crooked? Was it designed to go with that other lone pillar out there and then they discovered the rocks or something like that? I wonder why the bridge doesn't go straight across the Mississippi River like other bridges?

Boy, it is warming up here, slowly but surely! Right now it is 58° - http://www.kshb.com/subindex/weather/forecast/7_day_forecast The snow on the ground is probably over half disappeared, in some places probably more than others. I saw an interesting bit on the news about the urban heat island effect here. It showed the snow on the ground by satellite all around the region with big circles around metro areas like Kansas City and St. Louis where a lot of the snow had melted.

Here is the before and after of the Chain of Rocks Bridge, it is indeed still there! - Hehe greenbrain.. did you notice the green trees right away or did you have to check the news or anything!?
It only took about an hour but as soon as I posted it I noticed the trees were green, I was thinking, "dangit"!