Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Central Midwest Gardening: February 2013 - Spring is next month!!, 2 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: February 2013 - Spring is next month!!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of February 2013 - Spring is next month!!
shortleaf wrote:
Oh, the snowstorm got here! It could be a lot worse I suppose. Instead of the 16 or 20 inches of snow that was bandied about by the news, it was only about 6 to 7 inches of very wet snow!
But, in their defense, it was quite a lot of rain first. Fortunately, even now, it is 35°. There's a lot of wet snow and a lot of melting going on, but it is a big mess. Not to discount the slippery, wet mess that it is. But, boy, is it ever pretty! The wet snow stuck to every little branch on everything! I spent about an hour outside already shoveling, filling up bird-feeders, brushing snow off plants and trees. If the leaves were still on the trees like the "October Surprise" of 1996, a lot of branches and trees would be broke. I bet a lot of trees are broken anyway, especially Bradford Pears, I don't think they even need to have many leaves to break down.

Here are some photos I took, some are like before and after photos, after I shoveled or removed snow off trees or plants that is.
Will