Photo by Melody

Florida Gardening: Florida Chit Chat #7 New Year for Fun!, 2 by sunkissed

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright sunkissed

In reply to: Florida Chit Chat #7 New Year for Fun!

Forum: Florida Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Florida Chit Chat #7  New Year for Fun!
sunkissed wrote:
Hey all I was in Lowe's and they have reduced their landscape blankets down from $30 something to $20. something, if anyone is interested. I guess all this warm weather they just aren't selling. I've never bought any because they're always pretty high priced and I just grab my box of old sheets, towels and those plastic holiday tablecloths you can't wash in the machine anymore with out them falling apart. My garden will look like a patchwork quilt by the time I put them all over the plants. I might get a roll, my nursery guy says they're really great for covering the plants.

Amy great article, I've got quite a few natives in the garden, they do attract the birds and wildlife. I'd love to let my whole front lawn go to natives, but bet I'd be in the same trouble the homeowners in Orlando are in. However I'm still sneaking it in, little by little.

Sandy I'd love to participate in your photo study group if it is online, can't drive up to Jax all the time, but I sure could use some kind of study group when it comes to learning about photography and how to use this new SLR camera. I'm sure used to my point - and - think - for - me - camera. ☺ This one really is a whole new ball game...but I'm making some great progress. My Dummies book and You-tube have been a great source of information.

Some wildlife in my garden, woodpecker that is here everyday, think it lives here, my friendly squirrel, "Peanut", and our family of wrens at my bird-feeder.

This message was edited Jan 13, 2013 11:16 AM