Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Central Midwest Gardening: July 2012-Plants shriveling up already, 2 by billyporter

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright billyporter

In reply to: July 2012-Plants shriveling up already

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

Back to post
Photo of July 2012-Plants shriveling up already
billyporter wrote:
74°/92°/63°
Partly cloudy. Hot. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph

Will,
The shed is really looking good! Amazing what a little paint will do.
Those power washers really do the job! Smiling over the wasp. We work side by side with hornets gathering mud. They never bother and fly out from under foot. It still amazes me.
The garage door looks great too!

Ju,
We have melon everyday. It's finally locally available, but the first came from Missouri and Indianna.
I have four or five muskmelon trying to make it in the heat.

Pepper,
I bought three varigated Soloman's Seal years ago and they all died. Yet a couple of years ago, one grew! I need to dig it up and move it because it's in the bed where they cut the trees down. I love it tho! It's a good suggestion!

Crit,
Wow, you've had a lot on your plate. No one used to get sick in the summer, but that all seems to be changing and I wonder why? Thankfully the meds still seem to work. Keep on getting bettter!
Oh man! That is way hotter than we have been!
Awesome! I have the Emerald arborvitaes and I LOVE them! We just tied them together in the middle with twine or jute as they grew, because they do sway out a little. I started with 3' - 4' plants and the are full size now. I wish I had room for more.

Pepper,
I'm potting up special plants just to keep them watered.

Last week I started buying canned goods for the winter. I know food prices are going to go way up! My peppers fall off before I can get any. The tomatoes are doing good. I have about 15 on the counter that need skinned, stewed and frozen. I ate two in the garden last night and the cherry tomatoes look like fireworks, LOL! I ate as many dark red ones as I could :o)

No rain in sight and nothing but a wetting of the rain guage when rain did pass over us. It's another hot dry week. At least I have all the beds weeded now so they can't soak up any water.

So, it's another hot dry week with no rain in sight. We will be watering all week.

They were planted in 2007 and here's the 2012 picture.