Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Central Midwest Gardening: July 2012-Plants shriveling up already, 2 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: July 2012-Plants shriveling up already

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of July 2012-Plants shriveling up already
shortleaf wrote:
Thanks for those suggestions, pepper. I'd like to add some other stuff besides just Hostas. I'll look up that variegated Solomon's Seal. Empress Wu eh? I like a big Hosta! Some Hostas I've seen don't seem to do very well in the heat here it seems.

Yeah, a decent tool and garden shed would be priceless, juhur. Harbor Freight has some really good deals, though some stuff is better than others, in price AND in quality. I rarely buy stuff there NOT on sale.
I used a 20% off coupon and the power-washer was already on sale, so I did good on the power-washer, the receipt says, "you saved $50". It is a big relief that it works good, I had the receipt at the ready! I'm not above using something, finding out it stinks and returning it for a refund. An Aunt one time bought a dress for a wedding or something, wore it then took it back for a refund...lol A friend bought their 10 x 12 foot greenhouse, it is real nice. I'm gonna have that someday, mark my words! http://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result?q=greenhou... It's regularly $699, it goes on sale for $599 then you use a 20% off coupon on top of that and that's all she wrote right there! Just kidding, I still would need a place to put it! Those 20% coupons are easy to get, they're all over the place. I once dropped mine on the floor of the store and after I walked around the store looking for it, it was still on the floor, everybody has one or two.

Wow juhur, that is one large Coneflower flower! Also, that's neat how that English Ivy is going up the bricks. I have some here, but it will only go along the ground.

Here is one of those 2 little Veronica Speedwells that I got from Pepper, it has really spread out, here it is draped over some strategically placed rocks. -

My water-lilies are thriving in the new brown barrel! -

Man, I hope my Elephant Ears can hold on just a while longer, they aren't liking this heat. -

Here is the back of the newly painted red shed back there. -

Here is TropiCanna going for the top of the swingset. It WAS at the top and above it but that leaf broke off in some wind or something. See those leaves about halfway up? There is 2 leaves that fit perfectly inside each other for some reason. -

The forecast has already changed for tomorrow. It said 95° but it is now 99 with an 80% of rain. So, it sounds like it's still gonna be pretty warm but that rain would be REAL nice, if there really is any!
http://www.kshb.com/subindex/weather/forecast/7_day_forecast
Will

This message was edited Jul 25, 2012 11:38 PM