Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Daylilies: Blooming Today New Mexico, 2 by l2le

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright l2le

In reply to: Blooming Today New Mexico

Forum: Daylilies

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Blooming Today New Mexico
l2le wrote:
Karen...answer is yes on Ellen Christine, (I already have one fan spoken for on EC) Apache War Dance and MAYBE Walter's Tango. Lets wait for them to finish blooming. There is a small fan of Walter's Tango that is about 6" high and Ellen Christine has a few so I don't see too big of a problem there. It appears that Apache War Dance has an extra fan that looks healthy too.

I need to look at yours again to see which ones I want since Wild Horses and Indian Giver are not available. My Apache War Dance and Walter's Tango are from June 2011, so they are only 1 year old too. I almost bought Wild Horses a few weeks ago, but didn't. Oh well.

I have my regular daylilys that are blooming their heads off! One new one, Venice is Sinking and my Russian Rhapsody is finally starting to look more purple than burgandy. (I have to check the PH) Oodnadata bloomed its last this morning and it is not a rebloomer, just early, so it is finished this year. 5 blooms total.....so I hope it is the weather.....at least this year.

I checked Zella Virginia this morning and there are 3 blooms with 16 more scapes loaded with buds!

Venice Is Sinking - 1st one
Russian Rhapsody - a little more purple, but not there yet.
Pardon Me - a triple
Zella Virginia - 16 more scapes and loads of buds
Oodnadata - last one