Photo by Melody

Mid-South Gardening: February, 2012: time for the seed catalogs!!, 2 by OutsidePlaying

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright OutsidePlaying

In reply to: February, 2012: time for the seed catalogs!!

Forum: Mid-South Gardening

Back to post
Photo of February, 2012:  time for the seed catalogs!!
OutsidePlaying wrote:
Genna, I had written something earlier, and didn't copy it, and sometimes at work it doesn't post and I lose it. Makes me mad. Anyway, I was going to say something pretty much like what Charlotte said.

The caterer will likely have white tablecloths so you can use your burlap with other decorations if you want on top of those. The rehearsal dinner colors and decor don't have to 'match' the wedding colors. My niece used navy with spring green and ivory accents for the wedding, and the rehearsal dinner was Auburn colors (orange/blue - sort of navy). I attached photos of one of the tables. They made cute placecards with orange or navy trim, used orange napkins, blue mylar runner, blue & orange glitter, and some inexpensive flower arrangements one of the groom's aunts did. You could cut your burlap in squares and put the flowers on top and use burlap ribbons and still use the OBU school colors with the burlap. I think the football/soccer things would be cute and would personalize it more too for them. Isn't that what it's all about? Someone had also put together a slide show of baby/childhood photos of both Sarah and Ryan and it played continuously through the dinner on monitors set up in the room, and then again at the wedding reception. It was a big hit. And I told you about the game the groom's father came up with. Everyone enjoyed that and he came up with the fun questions himself. It was really like a big party and everyone had fun.