Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Mid-South Gardening: July SIZZLES right along!, 0 by gen2026

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright gen2026

In reply to: July SIZZLES right along!

Forum: Mid-South Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of July SIZZLES right along!
gen2026 wrote:
Marilyn, can I come vacation with you?? Sounds like ya'll are having a great time! :) I know the kids are having fun!

Charlotte, I know your booths will look great when you are finished. You might sell even more while they are treasure hunting!!

Alex and Natalie came down Saturday night for a visit. That is the first time they have been home since Christmas. Thankfully, they didn't get there until about 7 because the house was a disaster area! I usually like to leave things clean when I leave on a trip - but I didn't get to do so this time, and then between everything that got messed up while we were gone and all the clutter from the stuff we brought in, suitcases unpacked, etc etc ....I had a LOT of cleaning to do! Plus regular housework too of course. Jessica was at work all day and Kyle was gone on a bike ride until almost 3 so i didn't have any help - but Leigh was busy mowing the yard. He got the yard done and I got MOST of the housework done. Kyle helped me when he got back and that made things go faster. I have a few clothes left in one suitcase to unpack but the others are unpacked and everything put away. I also grilled ribs and boston butt for supper. When Jessica got home from work, she made a Limon Tart (Lime Pie) that we had learned to make while we were in Brazil...... we ended up with a little too much lime juice in it (they don't use measuring cups there so we had to estimate) but it was still good. Just a little more tart than what we had in Brazil.

Yesterday afternoon, we got the 14 buttons on Natalie and Alex's headboard and so the bed is officially finished. We loaded it in the suburban last night and Leigh took it to LR this morning. I have a picture of the headboard, but not the entire bed. I told Alex to send me a picture when they get it put up.

Better get back to work for the moment. I can almost see my desk again! :-)