Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Mid-South Gardening: September Chat, Picutres, and Whatnot..., 0 by Cville_Gardener

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Cville_Gardener

In reply to: September Chat, Picutres, and Whatnot...

Forum: Mid-South Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of September Chat, Picutres, and Whatnot...
Cville_Gardener wrote:
Kathy Ann, it appears that it's some kind of rattler. We had a number of rattlers in CA (Diamondbacks mostly) but I haven't seen one in years so my ID ability is very rusty. Where did you find him/her?

Charlotte, that's quite a place he has and he seems to enjoy it. :-) Our MGs here have a semi-annual plant sale where you can get some dandy things very reasonably priced. If you can get there early enough!

Marilyn, yes I've heard that the seeds don't always come true. It will be interesting to see. I put in purple, yellow, and Twilight coneflower last year but haven't grown any from seed. Did harvest some of those seeds and sent to a friend in Indiana who wants to sow them in her garden. So we'll see what happens with all of that. I like the red cf. I'm going the direction of a big butterfly garden and awaiting my certification as a 'Monarch Waystation'. I had been trying to decide what kind of a "garden" I wanted but we had so many butterflies in the yard this year, I could hardly believe it ... so that sort of led in a direction, among others. ;-) I have planted a number of plants they favor, cf being one of them. But I am just getting started with this yard. Long way to go!

What would we do without old faithfuls like crepe myrtle? That's one of the first things I planted when I got back to the South. ;-)