Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Clematis: Mail order clematis question, 0 by BlissfulGarden

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright BlissfulGarden

In reply to: Mail order clematis question

Forum: Clematis

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Mail order clematis question
BlissfulGarden wrote:
I guess it comes down to the total expense for me... Perhaps the shipping is making a huge difference. Brushwood has a flat rate for shipping plus a 10% discount for ACS members.

For my first order with Garden Crossings, I purchased 6 plants plus shipping and the total was $116.95. The pots are 5.5" and there are many vines coming out. Total cost per plant for this size order is about $19.49/plant. If I ordered less plants, the price per plant goes up substantially because of their very high shipping charges.

For my first order with Brushwood, I purchased 8 plants plus shipping and the total was $117.64. The pots are 4" but there is only one central vine coming out. Total cost per plant for this size order is about $14.71. Brushwood's flat shipping fee and discount for ACS members keeps the cost per plant lower for me.

For my first order with Donahue's, I purchased 10 plants plus shipping and the total was $111.90. The pots are 3.5" and there are multiple vines coming out. Total cost per plant for this size order is about $11.19. Donahue's shipping is extremely inexpensive compared to Garden Crossings.

The plants I've ordered from Joy Creek and Silver Star haven't arrived yet, so I can't compare them to the others at this point. But, here's a visual comparison of typical plants received from the other three. Donahue's is the far left, Garden Crossings is in the center, and Brushwood is on the right.