Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Weather: June Daily Weather II; Plants are a Jumping!, 0 by rannveig

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright rannveig

In reply to: June Daily Weather II; Plants are a Jumping!

Forum: Weather

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of June Daily Weather II; Plants are a Jumping!
rannveig wrote:
Good morning all! I'm too far behind to comment on all the great photos posted but I've enjoyed them all.

Sally - yikes! hope things dry up soon!!

RJ and Susan - nice to see you here and Susan glad you got some rain!

Blooms!! Nice to see you back :-)

EB - beautiful garden - it looks so peaceful :-)

It seems to be the same story everywhere - there's either no rain or far too much of the wet stuff. We haven't had a decents soaking rain in I don't know how long - seems to me that June has to be about the dryest on record. Meanwhile Britain is drowning in rain - it said on the news it's the wettes June ever there .......... seems they've gotten all our rain ........ No sign of rain here in the forcast - I'm getting very tired of this watering business - I'm used to getting plenty of rain ;-) Hope all the areas that are far dryer than we'll ever get will get some relief soon.

Adina -sorry to hear about your mother's illness. Hope she'll continue to improve. Your house is shaping up nicely. The heatwave you've been having along with the rest of SE Europe was on the news here as well. Sounds brutal.

It's sunny, pretty calm (for a change) and already up to 61°F! Looks like a wonderful day in the works :-)

This photo was taken a week ago (June 22nd) when I took the girls for a walk at a nearby lake. The lupines are flowering now and paint the hillsides blue :-) The girls love picking them. They're called Alaska Lupine so I imagine you've got plenty of them over there in Alaska Kiska! ;-) They're an introduced species here and very controversial. It was planted on barren hills and places where the vegetation was eroding - and is growing very well - some say too well and worry that it'll wipe out our fragile, low growing vegetation. It is pretty though ....... and I do prefer the blue hillsides to the brown/gray barren ones ;-)

Have a great day all!
Rannveig