Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Perennials: Flowerbed photos 5 a continuation..............., 0 by mickgene

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright mickgene

In reply to: Flowerbed photos 5 a continuation...............

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Flowerbed photos 5 a continuation...............
mickgene wrote:
tabasco, don't worry about the low number of liatris. If you let them go to seed each year, you'll have plenty for you and anyone you care to share with. Saturday I tore out at least 1/3 of mine and DH replanted them down in the drainfield where we've repeatedly and unsuccessfully attempted to create a meadow. I started with 12 corms 4 years ago and they densely covered an area about 6' square before I removed some.
I can't believe your hydrangea blossoms have already turned. Mine are still bright white. I've waited 5 years to get blooms like this on them and so happy we finally had a mild enough winter to help them out.

Dave47, I'll happily take your advice.

Tammy, yes you're right. That's one of the volunteers I have. We have many in the woods around the house. So I think the builder just didn't bury it deeply enough when he turned over the soil in the cleared areas - thank goodness!

gemini_sage, I tried to address that daylily color problem this week by buying a dozen of them in bloom. But after being halfway home from NC with them, I realized how much exposure and soil will influence their color and they may not look the same in my garden. So it may be back to fiddling with them after this year! Oh well, that's gardening!

grampapa, I have had peachy Strawberry Candy daylilies for 3 years and finally, this year they're much more pink. Especially the ones I don't have right next to Dragon's Eye, which is truly, truly pink.