Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Beginner Gardening: Caring tips for Bristle Brush Cactus?, 0 by Chillybean

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Chillybean

In reply to: Caring tips for Bristle Brush Cactus?

Forum: Beginner Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Caring tips for Bristle Brush Cactus?
Chillybean wrote:
I use the coffee as a fertilizer, but not many plants can tolerate it because of the acid. I am sure I do not do this more than three times a year. It is not often I do not finish the pot myself.

The cactus were repotted the day we brought them home. I only found one picture (I have others, just need to find them), this is was an earlier one. I do not know the variety.

One of my early attempts at cactus was a failure, likely not enough light and too much water.

I just did a quick search and found this, maybe it will answer some of your questions.
http://www.csssj.org/welcome_visitors/basic_culture.html

If no one replies here, call or walk in to a locally owned nursery. Lowe\'s staff knows a little, but they do not seem to have the time or knowledge to answer the detailed questions. I was just on the phone with someone today who spent a lot of time with me, giving advice to improve my garden. He doesn\'t always have the types of plants I want, but I still want to support his business, so will try to purchase something from him now and again. I have a Prayer Plant from him that is doing beautifully... I\'ve kept it alive and happy for about nine months. I just needed it to survive the winter and now I have more confidence to try more things.