Creeping thyme

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I have creeping thyme in an area that gets intense sun from 1 till 5 or so...ya think that is enough sun for it???
I have THYMUS serphyllum Alba.

Thumbnail by flowAjen
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Should have added that is NOT a pic of mine...my thyme is nowhere near that big.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Wow, really??? No ideas from this chatty bunch???

Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

I have creeping thyme in full sun and a couple that only get morning sun. The ones that get the full sun have done abit better(spread quicker). Hope this helps. :-) Maybe someone in Herbs forum could have better answers.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Thanks Sandy!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Maybe that's why mine petered out - not enough sun. Other than that , not much help.

Milford, CT(Zone 6a)

My thyme was planted next to the house sun 2-6 and doesn't grow too crazy, not quite doubling in size every summer for the last three years. however it has become very woody.

Essex Junction, VT(Zone 4a)

I would think that would be fine since it is afternoon sun. Sorry I don't have anything definitive!

Westbrook, CT(Zone 6a)

Sure, I have lots of thyme that gets less direct sun than that! I mow mine to keep it looking neat.

By the way, if you want to plant thyme near a garden walk, use Mother of Thyme ( T. serpyllum) as an edging. It is shorter, and blooms a little earlier.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.