My New Favorite! - Sedona

(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

Ok...I knew Sedona was pretty, but is it me or does this thing just get better and better? The plant has a glow about it I've never seen in any other coleus. I have mine planted with Freckles and a Persian Shield. Sedona is just phenomenal. I'll be keeping this one forever!

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I don't even grow coleus but Sedona is one of the prettiest for sure!! Congrats on finding it.

Princeton Junction, NJ

I LOVE,LOVE,LOVE!!! that plant.

I am a painter and I'm super sensitive to color. This plant has an aura that is almost out of the normal color spectrum. It gets even more exiting when paired with magenta and burgundy colors. I've planted seeds of zinnias in magenta and orange colors. My late summer garden will be glowing.

I ordered my plants from Rosey gardens. They were fine healthy plants, but a little expensive, I would love to have hundreds of dollars worth of this annual.

(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

I took a photo of it and I cannot capture the color! I won't post it until it looks accurate.

Freckles looks good with it too.

Newport News, VA(Zone 11)

Sedonna certainly is gorgeous. I have grown it in full sun and didnt like the way it developed and this year have it in shade and it is a velvety creamy color that is really stricking!

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

I've had it in former years and not loved it as much as this year. I think jadajoy is right - it enjoys more shade where it glows.

Auburn Four Corners, PA(Zone 5a)

I have kept 'Sedona' going on three years now. There are more strikingly patterned coleus, but the consistency of the true orange of these leaves is amazing. During the colder fall, winter and spring months, mine is in a New York City office window facing south. With several stems in a pot, and pinching to remove the occasional flowers, it develops into a small shrub-like plant, and beautifully accents our office. I can't say enough about the orange color . . . I once grew a sport of Sedona -- I don't recall the name now -- which had yellow leaves with orange, dash-shaped splotches. It was pretty, but was no Sedona! I have cuttings in part shade, and full sun. I enjoy all the shades Sedona takes on in different light conditions. Unlike other varieties with can become dull during the winter, and with lower light levels, Sedona is always colorful.

(Daniel) Mount Orab, OH(Zone 6b)

When I found this thread, I just HAD to report what I saw this past, Glorious Summer....

DMgardener(DM) was in the minivan with his family, driving home from a peaceful trip to a little town called Hillsboro. Halfway home, DM saw a light in the horizon, and it wasn't the sun...

It was a Sedona coleus, which had grown into a perfect globe. The evening sun came straight through the trees, and onto the Sedona...

The Sedona was aboslutely breathtaking. The top branches were the brightest pink imaginable, and the lower 2/3 was an electric orange, which caused the sun flowing onto it to shimmer and amaze the eyes of coleus-philes everywhere....

Merry Christmas!

~Daniel

Well gosh. I had to get up and go look at what I have that's a Sedona.

Still small, and kind of muddy purplish orange brown... some older leaf edges bleached whitish from when I had it in five hours of sun a day.

It's never below 65 degrees here, and/but never above 96.

I need to figure what to do with this plant, so I can get it like the raves. Maybe I'll root some cuttings so that I can put it around in different places, for sun/shade.

And maybe I'll order one from Rosy Dawn, in with this huge order that I cannot pare down! Get a 'fresh' one, haha!

Does everyone know about the one-time Dave's Garden discount? Check out the ROSY DAWN thread.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

It's a wonderful treat for all of us who love coleus.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.