Is this usual? White blossom with green around the edge.

Sugar Land, TX(Zone 9a)

This blossom has quite a lot of green around the edge. Is this usual? Also I think it might be a double white cause it has a lot of "material" in the center.

This message was edited Jun 7, 2009 3:47 PM

Thumbnail by peony1066
Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

That is actually pretty with the green picotee .. will probably fade as the flower matures .. is it happening to all of them?

X

Sugar Land, TX(Zone 9a)

No, it was just on the one. The flowers turn a cream color, which I quite like and the green does fade.

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Well tie a twist tie around that flower stem so when you go to collect seeds, you'll know which one did that.

X

Sugar Land, TX(Zone 9a)

Oops. We'll just have to hope it does it again. I already discarded the flower. They don't last long here.

Sugar Land, TX(Zone 9a)

Interesting that a blossom on a different branch of the same plant has no green edge.

A second flower opened on the same branch of the green edged blossom and it has green edges also. I will let it go to seed this time.

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Be sure to tie a colorful ribbon or something around it so you'll remember the pod.

X

Sugar Land, TX(Zone 9a)

Will do that right now, thanks for the reminder.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

hmmmmmm green edges - I've never seen that on mine......

-Susan-

Bridger, MT

The green flower is genetically coded to the plant, not the seeds the flower will bear, so all the seeds from that plant have a chance of producing that flower.

Lovington, IL

I had Datura's last year that flowered almost identical to the one in your picture. I had bought the seeds on ebay and the seller called them "Datura Unforgettable". The seller described them as rare and unusual. "Unforgettable” is a stunningly simple white datura with something special…It has lime-green picotee edges! It’s like nothing we’ve ever seen!"

Thumbnail by festivus40
Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

The lime-green edging is very lovely! Hope it makes lots of seeds!!

Solingen, Germany(Zone 7a)

Einfach SÜPER!
Thank you for showing!

This message was edited May 31, 2011 12:37 PM

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

festivus40 any chance you remember the seller you bought those from? That is beautiful with the green edge.

Lovington, IL

The sellers name is eddiedewayne.He currently has an auction ion ebay for this same seed.

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Thanks. Just purchased some.

Lovington, IL

Glad I could help.

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

I should get some too Marie. They are gorgeous and these are some of my favorite desert blooms.

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Dawn if I can find where I put my seeds I will send you some.

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

Marie I would be so greatful. I found some triple purp/whit mettel yesterday, I know what you mean about finding your seeds. I'd love some of those. Thanks.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.