Jenny on Garden Imports

(Zone 4a)

I was just browsing more clematis and came across this pretty one.....had to share to see if any of you have this one? Sort of like VV but with a lighter colour.

http://www.gardenimport.com/spblvl3.php?lvl=Clematis&nm=JENNY&ref=CL3936

Appleton, WI

It is a very beautiful clematis. The color is gorgeous and the anthers compliment the color of the sepals. You should get it before it's sold out :-)

(Zone 4a)

Hahahaha I wish....I have never ordered plants online before......I am a scaredy cat I guess.

Appleton, WI

Well, I'm not going to push you into doing something if you are uncomfortable about it.

I have a suggestion though. You could get a card from your bank, have them keep the limit low, like $100-200, then only use that card for online purchases and pay it off immediately. That way, if anyone does get your card number, they won't be able to charge much. Just an idea.

(Zone 4a)

That is true......that is certainly an idea.....

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

What a gorgeous clematis..a must have...Thanks for sharing...Jeanne

Delaware, OH

love jenny, nice looking clem. have never seen it for sale at my sources.

Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

That is very pretty. I may order it for my friend in Montreal.

(Zone 4a)

Has anyone ordered from Garden Imports? Are they good?

Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

I once ordered from them for my friend in Montreal. The delivery was on time. I can't report on how the plant looked when she got it b/c I knew nothing about roots etc at that time to think of asking. And then.... her gardener pulled it out :(
I got their name from the Canadian Forum

(Zone 4a)

Bad gardener!!! GRRR

Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

I got Garden Imports not the gardener's name forum.
Yes! Since then she has planted lots more. And the gardener has not made the same mistake.

(Zone 4a)

I am still drooling over this clematis.....I am strying to get my wits about me to order one LOL!!!

I am thinking I could pair it either with Blue Angel or even Madame Julia Correvon. I would have room in those 2 areas.

This message was edited Jun 9, 2009 9:09 PM

Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

Do you need encouragement? I wonder if they have a PAYPAL. That is another safe way to order online.

(Zone 4a)

Maybe I am looking for encougment? - someone kick me in the butt!

Does anyone know offhand if buy more if the shipping is cheaper? I was thinking of mayber getting 2-3 others.

Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

Usually it is. Some websites are really good and you can get an estimate on shipping before you enter all your info...but I don't think Garden Imports does. I usually update my shopping cart afew times to see what is the best deal or the least painful to the pocketbook.

(Zone 4a)

Maybe I will give that a try right now just to see...thanks Bananna

Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

Let us know if you take the plunge!

(Zone 4a)

I am still on the diving board LOL

Appleton, WI

Did you jump?

(Zone 4a)

No I didn't jump....LOL.

I have just decided no more purchases this year for clematis. I am running out of room anyhow....I would need to make room for more and right now I just don't have the time. Sad I know.

How are your clematis doing?

Appleton, WI

I know what you mean. I found 5 locally that I wanted, but I decided against it. I have too much to do as it is and don't need to make more work for myself. There's always fall or next spring. I got a few news ones this year and I am happy with that for now.

It's warming up, so the clematis are looking good. The weather really had an effect on bloom times this year. Arctic Queen, Ville de Lyon, Carnaby and Harlow Carr just opened. All the non-vining clematis except for the newest one, Pamiat Serdsta, are blooming.

Have you seen any blooms yet?

(Zone 4a)

I guess even if we are in the same zone our blooming times do not seem to be matching up LOL...... so far I only have buds on The President, Nelly Moser and Comtess de Bouchard...and multi-blue...but they are still a couple weeks off from blooming I think. I have had nothing bloom yet....still waiting for buds to form on John Huxtable, Etoile Violette, Polish Spirit, Ville de Lyon, Star of India, Dr Ruppel, and Scartho Gem.

I myself got 4 new clematises this year......and I really didn't have room for them to begin with....well 2 of them I did but the other two I just managed to squeeze in.....I honestly don't know what I will do next year!!!! LOL..... Unless a clematis dies or I don't like it - not sure if I can really buy anymore at this point. Boy do I ever need a bigger yard!

Appleton, WI

I don't think we are in the same zone. You are quite a bit further north from me.

Here is the Canadian zone map again.
http://nlwis-snite1.agr.gc.ca/plant67/index.phtml#

(Zone 4a)

Oh geez yes that is right....sorry Julia....I got confused "again" LOL.

Troy, NY(Zone 5b)

I bought my first clematis this year to combine with my climbing roses. I made a list of everything I ended up getting to chart pruning and dates etc. and I realized I bought 16 clematis.

You should see my wish list....I can't wait until next year.

Appleton, WI

LOL, bookreader.

Dawn, No problem. I think it would be less frustrating knowing your zone, even though it's frustrating anyway to have to wait.

New Richmond, OH

bookreader, I know what you mean! I have purchased 28 clematis this year! This forum is dangerous!

Nancy

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Dawn I would have no hesitation about ordering from Garden Import. SHipping should be fast because they are near you. I just rec'd two clems from them. They look great - they are maybe 6-8 inches high, shipping in heavy narrow cardboard containers so plant cannot shift, pot has damp newspaper ontop of the soil then wrapped in plastic and secured with rubber bands.
I dont think I have ordered clems from them before but I have ordered other items - always arrive in good shape.
Also this year I have been ordering hostas by mail and they have arrived in great shape.
So I would have no hesitation ordering by mail although I do try to ensure I have some recommendations if it is a speciality like the hostas - the 3 places I ordered from were all recommended by Canadian members here.

(Zone 4a)

Thanks a bunch fancyvan that is good to know!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.