Buddas Hand is blooming also

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

And it is right next to the orange tree which is also in bloom right now,possible there might be cross pollination,and if so,will it change the taste of the regular oranges?

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Might have fruit here as well!

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Saint Petersburg, FL

Congrats, looks like fruit to me! Don't be too disappointed if there's some fruit drop there though. I've always gotten fairly high fruit set, but also fairly high fruit drop on my Buddha's hand.

Cross pollination shouldn't change the taste of the fruit, although it may affect seediness. What it affects is the fruit of any seeds that are planted as a result of the cross pollination.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Yeah I know it has dropped it twice since I've had it,get big enough to get my hopes up,then the next time I see it it has dropped!!!
Well It's something to see about if the fruit makes it to the ripe stage!!!LOL

Saint Petersburg, FL

I've always had the same problem with my Buddha's Hand. I think they're just a little fussier than some of the other citrus trees, because mine is living in near ideal conditions.

Still, it's such a cool fruit it's worth the added aggravation.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

My fingers are crossed,it needs to be in a bigger pot,if I was to pot up,it would probably drop the fruit!

Saint Petersburg, FL

I have the same problem with my Atemoya. It bloomed madly, and set precisely one fruit (it's still small, so I didn't want to hand pollinate and stress the tree). It desperately needs up-potting, but I'm waiting until I harvest, because I'm greedy like that.

Keep us posted on your progress!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Ok and you do the same.

Marin, CA(Zone 9b)

So, what happened to your fruits people??? Curious minds want to know please!
Christie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.