7ft and still growing

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Carol your babies are reaching for the sky,picture doesn't due them justice as they are absolutely
gorgeous!

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Very nice tropicman.... if you are into Ti's, check out www.cordyline.org

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Thanks I will!

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Beautiful!!!! You GROW!

Xai Xai, Mozambique

looking good!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Thanks all,and today I have flower stalks!!!!

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Hope you get some seeds!

We are getting flowers here too!!!! You want to try to grow out seeds and see what you get?

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

I have a few from the green variety and I think it might have been crossed with this variety,just now getting a couple to pop after about 3 months waiting,excited to see them grow up,to see what I might get!!!

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Nice to "see" you, Don. I hope it's been a wonderful summer in your gorgeous garden this year.

Jenn

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Hi Jenn,
Rather strange weather this summer,cool and wet,not like the usual hot windy and dry I'm used too!
El Nino means warmer and dryer winter,and it rained all night here,go figure!!!LOL
But it was 60* all night,30* warmer than usual!

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Yeah...El Nino is supposed to mean drier here too....and we are soggy from the rain!!!!!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Rained all night and all day,finally were just at a heavy mist,snow out to the west part of the state,and its heading north east.

Xai Xai, Mozambique

What state are you in, Tropicman? sorry, i am not very good at remembering what abbreviations are what...
Isaac

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Isaac,
I live in Wichita,Kansas,zone 6 to 7,depending whose zonal map you follow.
Ti plants are container plants for me,as the winters are to cold for them to be planted in the ground.

(Zone 1)

Tropicman: That is one great looking Tropical garden you have there! Is it in a greenhouse or are you one of those gardeners who have to move lots and lots of plants inside during the cold winters?Is that a real bird in the cage with the pretty colors to go along with the colorful foliage in your garden scene ... very nice!

CordylineMad: Thanks for that great link! What beauties they show in the ICS gallery! I never knew there were so many different Cordylines! I only have three that are grown in containers, one Red Sister and two noids ... but if I had more space I would love to have a hundred, they are really beautiful plants!

Thumbnail by plantladylin
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

I move them outside in April.inside the greenhouse in October.
That is a fake bird but this one is a real one.

Thumbnail by Tropicman
(Zone 1)

Beautiful, Maccaw?

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Thanks
Shes just a baby!!!

Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Awesome plant there plantladylin, the amount of flower heads you have on that one pot!! yeah there are lots.... very addictive if you get started!! Oh what we would do for more room hey!!

Brisbane, QLD, Australia

I have so much seed at the moment I don't know what to do wih it all!!

If anyone has new seedling, I'd love to see them : )

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

CM
Just took some pics of my plants

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

seedling

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

another,look close another one is just now starting to germinate

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Wow, Tropicman, what a collection. I am just getting to know these beautiful plants.

One ? for you or anyone else. You grow them in sun? Have a couple in the deep shade (pergola) and they are not as pretty as the ones I see here. Should they be moved in move light?

Hope you see that they live in FL and the summer sun is brutal plus the heat.

Suggestions please.

Hap

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Lets see,mine get morning sun until about noon,under the redbud tree,they get dapple shade in the afternoon.
But now in the sunroom,I
d say dapple sun almost all day since the roof is solid,buttttt,being the sun is no longer direct overhead,and at a 39* angle,give or take a degree away,might be more sun now than in the summer.
Full sun burns the leaves here as well with my draceanas,also twice a year I've been feeding them acid fertilizer.don't know if that has any effect on them or not ,but the colors stand out more vivid to me.

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Thanks, TM. Guess they keep in the shade here.

Hap

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Happy...I am much closer to the Equatort than you are and I grow as many as I can in the partial sun or full sun. The trees are quite tall and skinny, so they allow a lot of light/sun in. Only the Ti with yellow in the coloration, for me, see to want less direct sun..but not deep shade. Whites and creams also see to prefer more hours of sun... I also like the way they grow with more foliar fertilizer than in the ground....

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Thank you so much. Moving day is coming!

This I have found true with my coleus. The deeper red they are, the more sun they can take. Light green, forget it....Shade for those puppies.

Hap

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

I have a couple of the wine colored Ti's. They are in the shade just off of the patio. They are doing OK. Yours look great Don, as usual!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Thanks Jeanne,
How you been,?

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

I'm OK. Just got over an upper respiratory infection, so taking it easy. We'll have to get the plastic up on the patio in the next couple of weeks to protect the plumerias, etc.

The weather here at the moment is gorgeous. The garden is green and growing. I will have to get new pictures.

Hope everyone is well.

Jeanne

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.