Tropical garden

Fredericton N B, Canada(Zone 4a)

I had a birthday gift certificate from my 80th birthday in march buning a hole in my pocket.When I saw this plant I decided to have a tropical garden on my porch.If I can't go to the tropics I will bring them Here.This is my start.I'll keep you posted as my tropical retreat progresses.AG

Thumbnail by agedgardener
Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

They are so pretty!

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Very nice, Joy!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

So pretty!

Nassau County, NY(Zone 7a)

AG, she is lovely...now you need a place to over winter her....I keep mine at 50 degrees temps and no sun. She survives and comes back to life in the Spring..Good luck with your tropical garden!!! My favorites!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

I can imagine the salty breeze and the fragrance. I love the tropics!

Lovely, Joy

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

I've had a pink bougainvillea here in the Boston area for 3 years. I put it outside in the summer and I bring it in in the fall along with all of my hibiscus and other houseplants. This year it bloomed for nearly 4 months starting in January and dropping the last flowers on the bench outside in April. It was a sight for sore eyes back in January and February. I love them. I took a picture. Good luck with yours!
Martha

This message was edited Jun 9, 2009 2:04 AM

Thumbnail by gardenmart
Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

You can actually see the snow outside in this picture.
Martha

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

very pretty... did you just cut it back before bringing it in?

East Bridgewater, MA

Formula for Happiness:

One comfortable chair....plus.....a gorgeous plant = Paradise

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Yes, i did cut it. My house is small so everything that comes in gets pruned back in the fall. Hibiscus, ficus, just about everything. I can't allow it to really vine out like they like to do because of space considerations. It can't stay inside in the summer and it can't stay outside through the late fall and winter. doesn't seem to hurt it much.
Martha

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.