is this a bed bug?

Auckland, New Zealand

I found this bug in my bed and would like to know what it is. I've looked at photos of bed bugs online and it looks kind of different, so I'm not sure if it is one or not. Obviously I'm hoping it's not, but would really like to know so that I know what to do about it... Can anybody help me please?

Thumbnail by mysterybug
Auckland, New Zealand

not sure how clear this is, so took a picture from underneath too...

Thumbnail by mysterybug
Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Boy, you got me, but I think it is too big to be a bed bug. 'course, I don't know what the marks on the ruler mean.

Still wouldn't want to share my bed with one or many.

Jeanette

Sinks Grove, WV

Definitely not a bed bug; it looks more like a cockroach nymph that has lost all its appendages.

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Yuck. You can tell we are not experts on here. LOL, Sorry.

Jeanette

Fort Washington, MD

Hi there

A freind of mine researched bedbugs and told me a little about them. As I understand it, they are very flat, oval shaped, and drak colored. They are very prevalent these days because the companies that recondition mattresses don't fumigate, they just reupholster. Look for dark stains in the seams on the cover of your matress, they go back under the mattress cover after they've had a blood meal. Staining at the seams is a very good clue they are present. The bites are itchy and slightly raised. If you find stains, get rid of the mattress.

Good luck!

Blenheim, New Zealand

hi there

I think its a cockroach too, We get the Gisborne ( ex Aussie) one around here, mostly outside but sometimes they give you a fright inside.

http://www.landcareresearch.co.nz/research/biosystematics/invertebrates/invertid/order_page.asp?Or_ID=3

regards boot

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.