Do you have a photo of 'Nothing To Lose'?

Happy Jack, AZ(Zone 5a)

When trying to ID our TBI, I find that there are so many that look alike. Even the photos in dealers catalogs can be different from their descriptions. I have run up against iris like Edith Wolford, Nothing To Lose and Thrillseeker that are basically the same color tones (we are supposed to have all three.) Now, I realize that cameras, lighting, soil and etc can change the look of the bloom. I ran across a pic of Nothing To Lose (R. Ernst 1992) in my Flowers file, so it has bloomed for us before, and since I had a name for it, it should be correct. I Googled Nothing To Lose, and NOTHING, no photos at all! Does this drive you crazy too? Believe me it's a short drive on my end.

I don't really expect an answer, I'm just letting off steam.

Thumbnail by HappyJackMom
Owasso, OK(Zone 6b)

try www.hildenbrandtsirisgarden.com

Owasso, OK(Zone 6b)

first listing has no photo, but scroll down after No Bikini Atoll and there is another listing with photo

Happy Jack, AZ(Zone 5a)

Thanks Gabriel! I appreciate the response and link. It is the same flower and it is from Cooley's and when the photo was taken, the label was still there. So, as you can see from both photos, they don't look exactly alike. But, there again, our two boys don't look alike either, guess that's nature. ^_^ Have a wonderful weekend.

This message was edited Jun 6, 2009 7:32 AM

Owasso, OK(Zone 6b)

Glad I could help. Have a good week.

rose

Raleigh, NC

if you googled "nothing to lose+iris plant" and didn't come up with a photo, then DG PlantFiles doesn't have it either. If you have a good photo, you should add it. you may have to add the plant itself, too. I've been going through my AIS nationals photos and doing that.

Happy Jack, AZ(Zone 5a)

Thanks, I did Google "nothing to lose+iris plant." I will attempt to place it in the plant files, I've never tried that before, though I have added a photo or two. Have a great gardening weekend and I hope you have a warmer day today than we have here.

Raleigh, NC

just dmail Joan (an admin) if you need help. She showed me how to do it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.