Today's Weather in Your Garden - 47

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Coming from here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/990292/

Dreary weather continues. At least today we're getting some real rain, instead of just spitting. 67 and raining.

Thumbnail by victorgardener
Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Hope the sun comes out for you. Rain is needed, but it is dreary!

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Rain here too. All day. Patti

South Hamilton, MA

Grungy--just damp enough to spoil iris flowers & there is a show tomorrow.

Rehoboth, MA(Zone 5a)

Rained all day, hard, makes me crumpy too poor Iris and all the rest

Rain would be nice. Tomorrow a beauty

Rehoboth, MA(Zone 5a)

Schick, Just noticed where you live, we had a second home in
New London, my husband's brother and his family live in Sunapee, so I am familiar with your area

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

sherrie same here no rain although cloudy - sprinklers are a working

Wow - how funny we graduated on the same date, Louise!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

At least it's not coming down real hard right now still drippy and dreary.....great movie night.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

I wouldn't mind some rain here! 60 and cloudy. Had to water the garden today. I planted 3 more rows of green beans and we planted 20 more asparagus crowns.......We also appointed ourselves the local beautification committee and dug up and replanted 14 daylilies around some large boulders at our lake down the road. Of course we cleared it with the Road Agent. LOL Now we can use some rain for them!

Rhinebeck, NY(Zone 5b)

We just missed the rain, and we needed it, badly. Dreary, but no beneficial rain. Tomorrow morning, it's sprinkler time in the vegetable gardens and the rose garden.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

So far its rained when I needed to water. That luck won't last long!

Yonkers, NY(Zone 5b)

RAIN.
All day.
When it wasn't pouring, it was raining lightly.
When it wasn't raining lightly ir was pouring.
It was raining when I got up at 6AM.
It's now 9:45PM and it's STILL raining.
And it's COLD.
Cold & Rainy.
I'm done.

Nancy

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Nancy, same thing here.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

56 now going up to 78... partly cloudy... great day for well sweep!!!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

It's been between 65-73 here the last few days with partly cloudy skies.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

no rain here only clouds - a bit chilly - off to a garden tour in concord, ma today

Thomaston, CT

Very beneficial rain ---the gardens got a nice soaking----NW corner of state got sprinkles! Nice today, sunny, high in the 70s---lucky you Bill, heading off to a garden tour----I'm headed off to a garden weed! Did have fun last night----about 100 teachers there, caught up on all the gossip.

Cloudy and 66.

Rehoboth, MA(Zone 5a)

Same here Victor

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

well the garden tour was pretty good - 9 homes - after you get past how some of these people can afford these homes and stone work they have - mansions in over half the cases - they were very interesting - and i did get to see some very mature jm's. mine will need to be moved to give them more space down the road. and victor one home had 3 big full moon maples plus a bunch of others which made me hopeful mine will live - unfortunately no photos allowed

This message was edited Jun 6, 2009 7:01 PM

Wow - sounds nice.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

it was first time i had ever gone on one - my wifes idea - and was glad to see that our yard here could compete with any of them - of course if i had 100K for the walls some of these folks had built for them - what am i saying?? - i like my walls better - but sure would like to have $$ for the stone they used:)

Grass is always greener...?

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Wha, your walls are better, built by you and only you.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Wha, Did they have garden club type people who could answer questions or was it a self guided tour? The tours here are often at wonderful homes, but no one is knowledgeable about the plants, as they are all planted and tended to by landscapers, who are not present during the tours. Heaven forbid!

I also found that lots of filler plants are stuck in at the last minute to flesh the gardens out and often that makes a stately old garden look like it has too much make up on and for no reason. There is suppose to be a big benefit garden tour with lectures this summer that may be excellent as the women in charge is a real gardener who gets her hands dirty. But no "Great Walls" here to old a candle to yours. I am sure you would wow the best of the ones you saw today with yours. Patti

Gorgeous weather the second half of today. Humidity dropped and the sun came put. Perfect right now. 70 and clear.

Rehoboth, MA(Zone 5a)

Victor, I think you sent me your nice weather :-))

Happy to, Maria!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I was a little worried how the day started but turned out to be a beautiful day.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

patti - it was the same here - they are tended by landscapers and no one knew what was what - i knew much more than they did - one home had a jm tied to a trellis splayed out - forget what - which they call it) and said it was a full moon jm - thank goodness that 2 other homes had full moon maples to prove I was correct - have no idea what the first one was - good new is my better half wants me to splay one against the house:) which means one more maple here:)!!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

it was a perfect night last night Victor... 59 now going up to 80.. hopefully not so humid today

:)

Gorgeous day - 76 and sunny. Nice and dry.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

High of 82, sunny
Hubby and son are at a Trenton Thunder b-ball game went early to get some autographs.

Moscow, ID(Zone 5a)

Our high today was 70°. Excellent temperature for accomplishing many tasks.
Typical June weather is a marine layer that burns off by noon or so. Makes every day a guessing game.
Makes every slug want to come out & eat.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

you aren't kidding Katye.... 65 here now... going up to 79 might get a thunderstorm later... looking kind of cloudy now though

Today 60's to 70 and then we go into a shower mode till possibly Friday. We need rain up here as we have 0 inches for the month of June.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Humid, hazy...showers expceted later... 66 now, high of 81

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

70 and sun trying to come out. It was raining when I was coming home from work. I hope it's done .

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.