My project - Carousal Horse

Sacramento, CA

I was looking for a project that my mother and I could do together and came up with this. Last summer I came across a garage sale that had bags and bags of jewelry. I bought a lot. My mom had a Carousal horse that she picked up at a garage sale and we brought it with her when she came to visit. I really did not have a plan and just jumped in and started gluing jewelry on the saddle. Really should have thought it through...

Any way, we picked through the costume jewelry and took out anything of value and used the rest on the horse. I decided to do the hair and mane in white tile. Mom has gone back home and I am still working on it. I’ve let it sit for months at a time but now am back to working on it. Here are some pictures that I thought I would share. I have to finish the tile and grout before I glue more jewerly on. I am anxious to finish so I can start another project.

Thumbnail by byholmes
This thread has 34 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!