Need ID #1 please

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

I have several iris where the "permanent" writing on the labels have completely disappeared.Now I am going with just Metall Markers and a labeler.What a pain to ID...been on the internet forever.

Could someone please ID this for me please? Thanks.

Thumbnail by Eglantyne
Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

This iris looks like it has velvet falls.yellow/orange beard.

Thumbnail by Eglantyne
Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

Here is a close up view of the center.

Thumbnail by Eglantyne
Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Reminds me of something Schrieners had but don't remember the name.ight check their site. Whatever it is I love it and want it too.

Lebanon, OR

or several of Blyth iris.

D

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

rebloomnut,
Thank you,it sure is a Beauty ,the falls look just like velvet.Even though I have a good camera I still can't capture that velevty look.GEORGEOUS!
I will post the name if I find out.

Denise,
the matter of fact I just printed all my Co-op orders from you last night and will go thru the names,hopefully it is one of yours :-)

Lebanon, OR

One you have that 90% of the battle is over. If you have a list to start with you can elimate tons that way. It is when you are totally guessing that you could guess 100 wrong ones and never truly have the right one.

Let me know later after the wedding if you need help at denise@snowpeakiris.com

D

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

Denise I found it,
It is "Amethyst Dancer" .Now on to the others,have a few more but now I can go by my orderforms from you.....LESSON LEARNED....NO more pens...only metal markers and labels.

Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

Are you sure? Doesn't look like it to me unless you have a old marker and ordered it even then I still wonder, look at the other pics at the plant files http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/33983/ , all the other posts the bloom has a light white ring around the petals on the falls yours does not appear to.

Lebanon, OR

Several years ago

Thumbnail by irisloverdee
Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

OHHH you're so right !!! I better slow down.

In my joy I immediately posted pictures in the plantfiles.YUKK !! how do I get them taken off ?

Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

At the page of the iris you'd like to get removed (http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/33983/) toward the top there's a red button "Report an error" click that and tell them why you would like like picture removed, don't feel too bad I've did it myself and now I know not to jump the gun so to speak there is just too many irises that look very close to the same very very few can be id'd from pic's and yours probably has hundreds in that color scheme that look similiar if it was me I'd call it a noid, learn from it and take better care of the markers, and maybe map out where you put them in your garden.

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

Thanks for the info.I will report it.
I didn't go by pictures but by lists what I bought from Denise and I thought I found it.

So now WHERE IS my Amethyst Dancer I have somewhere ? Either it hasn't bloomed or I still find it .You know when I first gardened many years ago I did make maps etc.but with this move into town we have a corner lot and quite a bit of gardenspace to fill.I planted NONSTOP since 2007 and this year my gardens have filled out and look decent but there is still alot to fill in.Gardening will never stop for me :-)

Salem, IL(Zone 5b)

A similar iris sold thru Lowe's and Spring Hill as 'Pass the Wine'.

Thumbnail by Oldgardenrose

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.