ORVG COFFEE HOUSE # 155 - Countdown to the RU !!!

Sugar Valley, GA(Zone 7b)

We are continued from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/992223/

Daylily: Uncommon Valor

Thumbnail by DustyDS
Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Here is another one I will be sending to you, but it has a name that might get sensored. So, I will Dmail it to you. It's one of Curt Hanson's.

I'll grow this one till it increases, and then send one on to you... Very hard to get my hands on. Sunny found it for me.

Thumbnail by daylily_ohio
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

I'm off to dig Bamboo.
If I don't see you guys again it's been wonderful knowing you!

Ric

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

I have been running around all day, still have a few things to do, but hope to be back tonight to post.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

I'm off to friend's house to try & put together some of his Ikea furniture. Also to remove the child-guard things from EVERY SINGLE drawer or cupboard door in the house. (The previous owners' baby was only 5 weeks old... must have been very advanced for her age!)
Back to cook before too late!
Pat

LOL Ric meat stew LOL funny
I think i m all set ( knock on wood)
gonna stop by Dusty and follow up Cookie
or unless she is a crazzy fast driver LOL
Thanks for the info on the coon poop. We usually just wash it off with a hose . I will google it.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Cookie is just Crazy not a Crazy Fast Driver.
That would be Marcy you are thinking of.......

Well our car is loaded except for the food.
I'm cut and scraped from the Bamboo and Rose but otherwise made it out in fairly good shape.

Robyn has her goodies done so I'm off to the Kitchen.
BBL

Ric

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Just a reminder....please update your CONFIRMED trades thread if you haven't already. I am headed that way to do mine. If you don't see it on my list in a few minutes...best let me know before dark...lol!!
Also..Ric...how about a weather report for your area for tomorrow?? I know it's usually warmer down there?
My FAST car...lol..is loaded too...except for food...and Dave....lol!
Can't imagine why Ric thinks I drive fast??????? Lmbo!!!
I drive normal speeds in towns....don't need any tickets....which BTW...I have only had ONE speeding ticket in my whole life!!! That was for 65mph in a 55 zone...that should be 65!! So There! And boy did that tick me off!!!
Ok...going to go do my confirmed trades.

I have to hit Dustys to get a cage for the chickens. and drop off some toys for Cookie for her GK.
then i will be off and running to the RU.
Ric i m sure i will need help LOLLL
BOnnie how are you feeling today ? i hope your feeling well.
see you all tomorrow !
good night
sue

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Any one need my Cell # DMail me if you are not on the Address Exchange

Ric

My car is all packed, and will be heading out about 9:30 in the morning. Connie had a bad day today, and is not coming, DH has hay to cut, so it is me people wise, and I haven't decided if Mr. B will come with me or not.

I had a pretty rough day, but I am planning on being there, if I am in much pain, will just have to cut the day short and come back home. I am hoping for the best, but I never know until I am up awhile, and see how I am moving around.

Anyway, I will see all of you tomorrow, and am looking forward to it.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Weather Forecast for the RU.

10 AM 68°F
Noon 76°F
2 PM 78°F
4 PM 80°F

Sun, Sun, Sun
Maybe a 5 MPH Breeze....

Folks it don't get more better.

Ric

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

I am so looking forward to seeing all of you! Drive carefully.

Don't forget your cameras!!

And Batteries!!! LOL

Good Morning all....I am sooo going to miss seeing all of you today...but I am looking forward to seeing George and finally meeting Darius tonight...You are invited over when you get up here...I will have some eats and drinks and we can sit and chat...Sue is going to stop by as well...

You all have a terrific day and take Lots of Pics!!!

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Ohhhh, I know. I wanted to be there, too. We may have a mini-roundup in our area sometime this summer. There are some really nice spots to have one around Newark and the surrounding counties. Dawes Arboretum would be great as would Horns Hill Park. They have a nice stone shelterhouse that has electric, a BBQ pit and a stone fireplace. :)

Hey Kimberley...Joyce was just here a bit ago...Sue was getting ready to leave...She had her chickens so needed to go....Joyce tells me that Marcy & Dave, Ric & Robyn as well as Geo and Darius will be here in a bit....They stopped at R & R's place to see their gardens first...Jim said good thing I fixed enough food to feed a Brigade instead of a Platoon...

I hated to miss it, but I couldn't miss seeing my Buddy today...We had a great lunch, many hugggggggers and lotsa smoootchies...He's a crusty ole Marine, but I still love him to pieces...

Thumbnail by DustyDS

well i m back
chickens are doing great !!! they love the leaves !!!
they are drinking and eating like crazy, feed them crack corn and worms. put a few shovels of manure and they dived in
we are very happy ! Geo you will never know how much this means to me to have these chickens :) i had to fight tears back .
Well i missed the gang at Cookie and Dustys. :( but i had to leave and get kids and chickens feed and watered LOL
bath night for kids
good night
sue

Flemingsburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Back home safe and sound
I really enjoyed myself
Lil D, Michelle and Denny did too..
Came home with lots of plants
Gardeners are the best!

Pauletta

Columbus, OH

Back home safely as well. Stuffed with great food, too! It was so good to meet everyone, I'm kinda shy and everyone is so very nice! I finally get to put faces to all the names.

I was home in about an hour and a half, unloaded the car, then rested a bit, we went out to dinner, like I really needed something else to eat, and are just getting home from that.

I think this year's RU was the very best. The weather was nice, the food was great, nobody aged over the winter, I have scads of plants, and no trouble driving up or back. All is well. It will take me several days to get everything planted, but I will have more time to look them over, try to remember what they are and where I put them, and maybe I won't have many questions next spring when things start coming up, and I can't remember where I got it and what it is. Do you think name tags would help? Hehe, the puppies would probably pull them up before they even got in the ground.

Well, I am off to bed shortly. Thanks everybody for a great day.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Long Wonderful Day!

I'm editing pics now but have started a Thread on The Roundup Pictures Thread.
Please add shots there so the rest of DG can join in on the day.
After all the whole community is how we got together in the first place.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=6652218 Opening Post.

and here's the Thread.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/998943/

Thanks to all of you for making this a Perfect Garden Day.

And a special thanks to Joyce, Dusty and Bertie for the tours.
Dusty and Jim the Buffet was perfect!

I'll be adding shots for a while.
We have a Garden Tour tomorrow so it may be a while before I get all the shots up.

Pat, anniemannie and Celene it was SO nice to finally meet you in person.
I hope we didn't scare you too badly....lol!

Sue I'm sorry but.....
'The Chicken Dance'
Ric (running VERY quickly now............)

This message was edited Jun 6, 2009 10:44 PM

Thumbnail by henryr10

Forgot to add that I really enjoyed meeting our newbies, Celene, anniemannie, and finally getting to meet Gosh'smom, and seeing everybody else again.

I hope that you new ones felt comfortable enough to want to join us again, either at the fall RU, or again at the spring one in 2010.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Just a quick note to say I really enjoyed myself at the RU & have lots of great plants to prove it! And next year I'll put my plants to trade in something slightly smaller than 5 gallon buckets.
Was really fun putting names to faces-- but the nicest thing was that everyone came across in person as they do on the list-- amusing, unpretentious, & thoroughly enjoyable.

Pat

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Good morning all!! What a wonderful day it was yesterday!!
Dave and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves!
As Pat said in her prayer...good friends..good flowers...and good food...and yes...in that order!!!
All the food was great...and plenty of it too! Hope Ric got a pic of the table!
It was so very nice to meet Celene, Pat, and Janna. I hope they will come back again!
And always nice to see old friends too!!
We really enjoyed our garden tours at Ric and Robyn's....Cookie's, Dusty's and Bertie's!
Fantastic gardens and ponds!!!
I thank you ALL for making it such a wonderful day! I even got a lot of great plants that I didn't need...lol!!! Love 'em still the same!
And a few other gifts I was surprised to get!! Jams, jellies, a wooden bucket..glass flowers...THANK YOU ALL so much!!!!
Today...I am working outside...and staying HOME...lol. Can you tell I am tired??????
Awww..not really. Had a good night's sleep with the windows open..and didn't get up till late..so I am READY to seize the day!!
Hope you all have a good one too!

What the heck was i doing ? i talk with my hands don't i ? LOL
run fast Ric remember i have been working out at a gym !!!! ROFLLLL
wish i could have stayed at Dusty and Cookies but had to get the monkeys and chickens home and feed :)

Good afternoon all....
We had a wonderful surprise last night...I was expecting George and Darius, but Cookie got home ahead of them, and brought me a box of plants, and told me that Marcy & Dave were coming as well as Ric & Robyn...What a Treat!!!! Marcy even showed me her new knees!!! LOL George stayed for a while after the others left and we talked antiques, and he got to see the Ancestors in their 1840's picture frames...We had a great visit with some great people, and enjoyed it immensely...I walked George over to Cookies, and Jim cleaned the debris from the buffet and put everything away for me...Whatta guy...LOL

I do wish Sue didn't have to leave so soon...We watered the chickens while she was here, but they were stressed a bit in that little cage, so she needed to get them home, and collect her Monkeys from her inlaws..
I really missed seeing some of you yesterday especially the missing ones (Lana, Chele, Kimberley, Neal) and dear Bons...(Did you bring Mr. B?)
After I get these new plants in the garden, I'm going to try to do the last of the pathway today since there is no wind and I can get the herbicide down...

Tomorrow Jim and I will begin to finish up the waterfall and pond...Now that this house is finally cleaned and in order, all I will have to do is weed, once we get that pond done...That should make life a bit easier for the rest of the summer...I have not planted any of my veggie garden seeds, and less than 1/2 of my perennial seeds, and don't intend to this year... It's too late for most of them...and I am already overwhelmed with all I have had to do, and they will still be good next year...

Have a good rest of the day and evening all....

Geo and I found a scape on my Lindy Twirl...

Thumbnail by DustyDS
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Well we just got done doing the Anderson Township Garden Tour.
Cookie came down and we hit 5 of the 7 gardens.
As they are all minutes from here it was low key and we could zip back for pit stops.
We also swung by and got a Garden Tour at tabasco's.
So a very full 2 days for us.

I have to go out here in a bit to do some watering.
Things are looking a bit scorched out there....

Ric

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Good afternoon! I'm back at George's house; I had a wonderful time and I heartily thank everyone who participated in this RU! The plants were great, the food was wonderful, and the people terrific. Even my B&B was fantastic!!

I'll check in over the next couple of days but probably won't have time to post much.

It sure was a great time. I am glad i got to meet everyone and meet new faces too.
Well we got some plants in the ground
dug weeds
dug worms for the chickens( kids enjoyed that." Worm Wranglers ")
got cabbage and have saurkraut fermenting as i type or i hope
got fresh broccli and might make a soup tonight with it
tomorrow looks like strawberry day for us.
best to all
Sue

Cleveland Heights, OH(Zone 5b)

Hey everybody!

Just popping in to say I am so glad you all had a wonderful time. Sorry I missed it!

Going home tomorrow am should be there by about dark.

Love and many kisses!

Columbus, OH

It really was lovely to meet everyone...I had to sell soap all day today, it was super-busy weekend!

Well, today was super busy with early church, and then we had 4 functions to attend between 1-5, and knew that we couldn't do them together. So we split up, and I drew a 60th Anniversary celebration, and a retirement party. DH had a family reunion, and an afternoon church service. So we got all the socializing done between us.

Plus, I have spent my "free time" this afternoon printing off shipping labels for a co op that I hosted. Need to make a trip to the post office and bank in the morning. Have much to do this week to get ready for vacation. Sure hope that I have all good days, and I can accomplish it all.

Franklin, OH

The RU was great this year, really enjoyed it and meeting the new
people. The food and weather were great. Had a good time showing Darius, George, Robin,Rick, Marcie and Dave my gardens and pond.
Would like to have gone on the garden tour but had to spend some time with my hubby, he was feeling left out. Good night everyone.

Bertie did they love your little girl pup ? i should have gone over and given her smooches when i was there :( next time :)
not much here
very sick last night
feeling ok today
might still go get strawberrys ? wont tell until a few more hrs.
have a great day everyone
sue

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Good morning everyone!
Dusty...sorry I forgot to mention the nice buffet you had for us all! It was great! As was the bridge Jim made...and the nice pond you have....and of course....your house too!
Very nice of you to do that!
Well..we heard a couple of rumbles of thunder..early this morning...but nothing happened...SO FAR!!!
I think we watched the wrong 'weather liar' last night though...cause it sure does look like it could pour at any time here! The channel we watched said no rain until tonight! Hmmm...we'll see I guess!
I wanted to work outside again today...not sure that will get to happen though?

Bertie...I forgot to tell you......Dave said he really liked your DH...and enjoyed talking with him!!
Again..it was a great time yesterday! Sorry some of you missed it!!

This message was edited Jun 8, 2009 10:50 AM

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

And now, a really novice gardener question:
I've had a truckload of topsoil delivered, and the fence guys FINALLY showed up to put up my garden enclosure so the deer won't eat all my veggies. Now what do I mix with that topsoil to add organic matter? My own compost pile is too new to add. Do I add manure? Pine bark mulch? Store-bought compost?

Please advise, & many thanks for your considered opinions!
Pat

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Pat is it from Evans? Supersoil maybe?

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Hi, Ric!
No, I got it from Firehouse Nursery down in Sedamsville. I gut it with some builder's sand when it first arrived, but Doug (owner at Firehouse and hydrangea lover) told me I'd need to amend it with some organic matter. Only today did I start to wonder which organic matter should I use...
Pat

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

If we're talking yards of dirt I'd go w/ compressed peat.
It comes in huge heavy bags at Lowes and HD.
After you open the bag the peat will fluff up.
We add a bag of the composted manure too.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.