The Long View 2009 - 2

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

Take a few steps through the gate to the other side of the fence.

This is from the clump of oak trees you see, way in the background, center, in the first panorama shot from that patio.

I am not on my own property here, but a sort of no-one's-land area between the residential and business zoning. All the neighbors take care of a portion of it, mowing, to keep down the weeds.

Thumbnail by WNYwillieB
Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

That last shot was facing SSW again.

Here is a shot taken from the clump of oaks in the far left of the above picture, facing back towards my property. This shot is facing directly North.

Thumbnail by WNYwillieB
North Augusta, ON

Lovely!! It looks like you're way out in the country if you hadn't told us about the busy intersection and business areas!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I was going to say the same thing, you'd never know.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Me three. No way to do that here unless we build a privacy vortex. heh, heh

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Me four. Looks like country to me. Is your fav a tango lily threegardeners?

North Augusta, ON

Yes...Tango-Halloween.

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

I have started a new thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1009251/
See ya there.

Southeastern, NH(Zone 5b)

Carrie I found you the PF http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/97952/index.html I got mine at HD in 06. I am going to need to divide them if you want some. The Lily Beetles tasted them a little this spring. I treated all my lilies once and the second round was only my orientals and asiatics in the back. I think having some Orientals as a trap crop is going to be my game plan. Plus planting them with Liatris spicata in front of them. To try and just hide the beetle damage. I don't know what will happen if they go unchecked. I suppose I could lose the blooms. Never let it get that far. I am bummed out that I spent about a half hour using papertowels and pulling the nasty larvae covered in poop off my Michigan lilys. I won't use poison in that garden because it is my wildlife garden. I may have to move them too. I am so irritated with these pests that I am almost ready to get rid all my lilies.

If you don't already have Lily Beetles then I can't give them to you. It's for your own good trust me. : )

This message was edited Jun 30, 2009 10:25 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.